Archives: Vocabulary

Holds our vocabulary (set of entities) and entity specific data

Green Card

A green card, also known as a Permanent Resident Card, is an ID card that allows immigrants to legally live and work in the United States. Green card holders are considered legal permanent residents of the U.S.

Form I-140

I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

Form I-821D

Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, is used to renew your existing DACA status or to apply for initial DACA status.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Obama administration immigration policy that protects from deportation certain undocumented immigrants to the United States who entered the country as minors

K-1 visa

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.

H-1B visa

Visa category applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability

Employment Authorization Document

The Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766/EAD) states that you are authorized to work in the United States for a specific time period.

E-3 Visa

The E-3 classification applies only to nationals of Australia. You must be coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation. The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty, or its …

E-3 Visa Read More »

O-1 Visa

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.

Form I-765

Certain foreign nationals who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other foreign nationals whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration …

Form I-765 Read More »